Sunday, December 30

a hot chocolate and a vegetable soup

I had a hot chocolate and a vegetable soup today ... on Trodos peak ( in Trodos mountains :) ). Me, N and D left Limassol around nine AM, and arrived there around half past ten, half frozen (all three of us) and searching for a bathroom (only me).

It was a perfect day for riding, but (as I usually do) I underestimated the cold, so by the time I finished my hot chocolate I was feeling my hands again, and by the time I finished the soup I was almost a warm-blooded creature.

Among the highlights (so to speak):
  • the day was perfect for riding (I know I already said that, but it really was a perfect day for riding)
  • there's no running water in the toilets at the sky renting centre on top of Trodos; instead, the pipes (and the water inside) are frozen solid
  • There's no snow; well ... there was a one-by-one metre patch of snow, but altogether too little to ski on
  • did I mention if was a perfect day for riding? (well ... it was!)


In other news (that is, not related to the vegetable soup at all), this evening I hope I'll get around to opening my bike apart as my speedometer is broken and I want to have a look at it.

No comments: