Friday, September 7

ferry

"Excuse me sir, is the ferry circulating today?"
We're stilll waiting for the weather report
fifteen minutes later ...
"Hi, is the ferry circulating today?"
Please wait ten more minutes sir
twenty minutes later ...
"Is the ferry circulating today?"
Please wait ten minutes more
The people are bored here and I get the feeling I made a sensation when I appeared: the only one wearing a jacket, hair standing in all directions, wet T-shirt and all and running from place to place, asking questions.

Around fourty minutes later, they stopped paying attention to me; the way I figure, they either got bored, either got discrete, or I didn't to anything interesting enough to keep entertaining.

Either way ...

After I settled down (nothing was happening anywhere around, so I got bord also) there was some agitation and some guy held a long discourse (in Turkish :(), then they all started buying tickets like crazy, so I figured I feel lucky today!

Then, I was pulled aside by the guy I tortured with all my questions, and explained that the boat they're taking, the Express, is a small catamaran, not able to take motorbikes along, but there will be a ferry leavign around 12:30, for Anamur (93Km, according to Google Earth).

I'm set :)

On a side note, I'm in Girne, Northern Cyprus, in a net caffee, leaving in ten minutes, for the port.

On another side note, all of you guys sitting in the office right now, I'm thinking of you while I'm enjoying myself :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"On another side note, all of you guys sitting in the office right now, I'm thinking of you while I'm enjoying myself :P"

M -- O -- R -- I

L&B

Unknown said...

Yes,that meant YOU!