Monday, August 27

Pieces of News (just another random update)

Well ... my travel plans got a practical exercise in Murphology (If something can go wrong ... ): I had to delay my leave for a week, as I need to close all my connections to my current employment place.
At the moment I'm in office, covered in pieces of paper that are to be submitted to the HR department (well ... no, not really, but close).

I bruised a knee while playing beach volleyball on Saturday, but it was worth it (and I'm sure everybody is actually interested in that: my knee is important news that people need to know about).

Yahoo Inc didn't get the memo: they're rolling yahoo mail out of beta, with all kinds of improvements (like close integration with SMS-sending capabilities and Windows Live Messenger), but apparently the new design will still be centered around what yahoo managers want users to see (as in lots of ads), not around what users want to see in an email service ...

... and their market share will continue to slowly go down, or at least not climb like Google's gmail does.

In non-related news, Microsoft's Windows Genuine Advantage authentication system kind-of forked up: It mistakenly identified valid users as pirates and locked down their machines. The unofficial interpretation for this is that you're better off with a pirated copy of the OS (as the pirated copies were - of course - unaffected).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about all this mishaps. But I am sure everything got sorted out and your knee got better :)

As for MS, I think you are better of with Linux :P

Unknown said...

Regarding my knee, it happens; besides, it's good enough for getting on the road (it won't get worse or anything).

Also, I believe strongly that you're not really a kid if you don't get bruises on your knees from time to time :)

As for MS, I've been a happy Ubuntu user since sometimes earlier this year, and before that it was Suse.

It's not that the MS authentication affected me in any way, I just found it funny :)