Monday, May 21

what finally worked

So ... for two weeks now I've been frustrated by how openSuSE 10.0 sees (or rather doesn't see) my mouse wheel (a Logitech tilt-wheel gaming mouse).

I had played with the settings and got to a point where I could do middle-clicks, and scroll down using the wheel, but there was no scroll up.

Tonight I fiddled with the settings again, and after a dozen (or so) restarts of the X server, here's what finally worked:
Section "InputDevice"
Driver "mouse"
Identifier "Mouse[1]"
Option "Buttons" "9"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "EmulateWheel" "off"
Option "Name" "Cordless Trackman FX (USB)"
Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
Option "Vendor" "Logitech"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection


Apparently, what was breaking the scrolling up, was EmulateWheel: On / EmulateWheelButton 4. It seems the wheel emulation overrides one of the buttons.

No comments: