Friday, November 17

preparing for failure

It's friday morning.

I came to office some time (an hour?) ago and after my first coffee, I stil feel like sleeping.

I told S. today I'd design an invitation/token/ticket for the party we're doing for the end of the month, and I'm about to go into that.

Anyway, for whatever reason, I'm stil skeptic about it.

Some of my friends are enthusiastic about it (well ... ok, I haven't seen anyone else express treir doubts) but for some reason after the plans are gone through, after we go over the last progress and such, there's this persisting idea in my mind:
In the end, it's just another party.


I't not that I don't care about it ... infact I hope it comes out well, people are impressed about it and they will keep talking about it for years to come and all that ... but in the end, it's stil just another party.

Maybe it's just a "subconscious preparation for failure and a way of avoiding dissapointment" - as I've been I do that sometimes (and I tend to agree with this). Maybe it's just my romanian mentality of "nothing good will come out of whatever I do".

Who knows of such things anyway?

I hope for a good party.

No comments: