Tuesday, August 7

minor progress

In the last couple of days I feel I've been stalling. My motorbike is in service and I simply took no further steps to prepare for my journey, except to check that I will have enough money for what I still have to buy.

I also added the timer to trip to my blog and every time I see it, I get a thrill, an impending sense of "the trip is coming closer!"...

Today, I went to the "bycicle repair man", the guy checking my motorbike to talk to him about "truing the wheels" (thanks for telling me the term D), as I had forgotten to do it when I brought the bike int service.

Still a lot of things to go through, but I still have time: as I'm a lazy guy, I'll probably leave some things to rush over through the last days.

In the meantime, I'm keeping the spirit of things by reading Confessions of a Long Distance Sailor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use my Yahoo status messages as a counter. 12 days left till my vacation. Changing the number each morning is a real thrill.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure I actually needed a counter, but I didn't feel like working, so I decided I'd play with my blog's contents a bit.

Probably once I'm on holiday I'll go into internet dependency withdrawal symptoms :(

Anonymous said...

Most surely :) Thank God I'll have internet access on my holiday :D