Wednesday, September 13

releasing too often

Hey, check this out: If you have an ACER Aspire 16004 LM laptop and are thinking about using linux, try to go for the 2.6.13 linux kernel;

Other versions (I'm not sure exactly which ones) will make a mess of your network settings (I was unable to get past the local IP when attempting to access the net); Also (though this has not been confirmed by other users), they might empty your credit cards and give all your clothes to charity while you're in the shower.

I tried Knoppix 5, SuSE 10.1 (Linux kernel 2.6.16) and the latest Ubuntu.

I also ended up with three days with no home net connection, a crashed laptop HDD, and a lot of headaches.

I think if the kernels weren't updated so often, they'd be more thoroughly tested.

Anyway, I'm back now, getting up to date with the latest security patches over SuSE 10.0.

Methinks in a few days I'll be up to date.

Damn (b)leading edge!

No comments: