Monday, April 2

300

I saw 300, so I figured I'd write a not-really-complete review for it.

So ... what concerned me about it (and the reason I declared I wouldn't want to see it initially) was the amount of violence in the movie. After having seen it, I can say that while the violence is there, its necessary, as it serves to complete the picture (pardon the pun).

The visuals of this movie are great; I feel ("feel" meaning I didn't exactly measure this) that about 80% of the scenes in the movie would make great static images (which kind-of makes sense, when you consider it was mostly computer-generated).

Also, the color alterations and usage of narrow depth of field are great and completely change the mood of the movie. This is one of the reasons I think this movie should be seen on a panoramic screen.

The speeches ... well ... If I have something bad to say about the movie, this might be it: some of the dialogs/monologues in the movie sounded stupid (maybe not stupid but a bit artificial) to me, like:

Give them nothing! But take from them everything!
Spartan King Leonidas
Still, overall is not something that stands out.

All in all, the movie was worth my time ...

No comments: