Monday, December 5

white river dive

saturday me and S dived the White River site in Akamas, past Paphos. It was an easy dive, but we had a few problems with the weighting (that means that we got much less weights than needed, and the dive guide had to get back to the car for some more weights).

It was the first time I put a large rock in my BCD pocket to be able to stay down. Other than that, it was a smooth ride (well ... dive).

Also, half way through the dive (as my tank was half empty) I had to get some extra-weights (again) because I was starting to float.

Enough with the boring stuff, here are some pictures:




me and S, fully geared, originally uploaded by utnapistim.




underwater sky, originally uploaded by utnapistim. This was taken aproximately 10 minutes into the dive (~6m depth); The surface was very very calm and the clouds are perfectly visible :D




jellyfish in the sky, originally uploaded by utnapistim. This was a bit of an experiment on my part: I went under it and shot it against the sky; it turned out looking good



Dive technical data:
time in:14:39
time out: 15:33
(dive time: 54 minutes)
water temperature: 20.4 deg. Celsius
max depth: 12.8m

No comments: