Monday, December 26

christmas update

view from our christmas tree
It's been some busy days.

Friday evening we decorated the christmas tree.
finishing touches

On saturday, I woke at 6 in the morning to do the first part of the practical of my Resque Diver course. At seven I was red-doing the webbing on my BCD (I changed the air-bladder); At a quarter to eight I was dropped of by the taxi in front of the dive shop, with bruised fingers (damn webbing was hard to put back!); I was an hour early (for sleepyness reasons).

So, what was interesting about the exercises?

First, my regulator was leaking (I left it at the shop for service).

Second, never ever approach a panicked diver at the surface, whatever the manual might say about it; If you wonder why, imagine that he/she is not rational, has enough adrenalin in the system to overpower you even if you are two times bigger, and will try to climb on anything floating, just to stay at the surface; It's logical what they'll do if something floating - namely you - approached them on the surface.

I learned more, but if you want to find out what, better take the resque course yourselves :)


Around lunch I got home, and I spent all afternoon with B and L in the kitchen, working on christmas food; My part was a big bowl of mayonese and eggplant (that is: aubergines) salad.

Here's a the christmas shopping done by B:
christmas shopping
happy christmas

On Sunday we all went at D&I's place;

We ate some food, drank some stuff, then ate some more, then we ate some more again, then we had desert, in the true romanian tradition. Everything was (ofcourse) followed by the traditional collective stomach ache.
(I'll get some pictures of the happy event in the following days).


And today we went to Trodos on the rumor that there would be .5 metres of snow; It was true, except the .5 metres were the size of the patch, not it's overall thickness.

It was fun nonetheless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.