Saturday, October 28

that special someone

I've been waiting for "a special someone" for a few years, and there are lot of people "out there" at the moment who are doing the same.

Here's my message to them:
The "special someone" you've been looking for, is't real. She (or he or it - as it may be the case) doesn't exist.

It's a frigment of your immagination.

Let's call this fenomenon - for lack of a better word - Hollywoodization? It's not a Hollywood effect, but the same effect that actually makes Hollywood be ... well ... Hollywood (so, it's a good name).

I had a chat with someone today and we talked about meeting a "special person" - in this case, someone endowed by God with healing powers, described as "Fenomenon <First Name> <Last Name>" in books written about her, and who heals by touch.

Wether - or not - that person was endowed by God with special powers is not what I'm arguing here (personally I don't remember endowing anyone any differenly than the others when I created the human race, but then again, a lot of details are missing from my recollections lately, so who knows? Maybe I did ... ).

What I hept trying to convince my friend was that there is no "special person" at all. Everything - and anything - that person is, you are also, as am I.

Then, I realized the mechanism is the same as waiting for the "special someone" that will heal your emotional wounds - and love you and pet you and call you George - waiting for the "special someone" that will solve your problems, that will "fix the corruption problem in Romania", and so on and so forth.


So, here's my message to all of you dreamers out there (utnapistim included in that category every now and then):

Wake up

There's no person to accept you unless you accept yourself;

There's no person that can fix your external circumstances unless you're willing - and trying - to change them yourself.

Whatever paranormal, special powers given by God someone has, youI have them also; (Well, ok, ok, maybe you have them too; I'm trying for a serious approach here, so give me a break).

Sensibility (over energy, bioenergy, artistic talent or anything else for that matter) is just that: sensibility.

If you really want to think about "special people" ... well ... go ahead: there's six billion of us around.

And in the end, nobody's special!
except utnapistim

No comments: